Gents,
It has been awhile, but I am again able to spend some quality garage time on my trucks. I am undertaking the replacement/adjustment of my parking break cables.
I found some NOS cables from the late 70's for a decent price.
Truck is a stock 1949 3600 with huck brakes and left foot parking brake arrangement.
I matched cables for length, old cables had stretched and clevis is locked up in a permanent manner.
Purchased new clevis sets from j carter. They are about 2" shorter than originals.
Following the manual I am pulling the cable out, then screwing down the clevis to where it aligns with the hole. It doesn't quite align because of the shorter clevis length on the threaded rod.
So here are my questions-
Is the toothed plate that clamps to the crossbar a good way to adjust for the length of the clevis?
Or
Would it be best to use a cutter to cut down the length of the threaded rod on the cable as I should never adjust that direction as the cable wears. It would be roughly 3/4" of material to remove.
Otherwise pedal, return spring etc all work fine.
Thanks in advance.
Sam