Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Ponchogl),
115
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,099 Posts1,056,506 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 41 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2005 Posts: 41 | Wow, I haven't been on here for a couple of years! Couple of question, this is going to kill me but I may need to sell one or both of my 302's. One is out of the truck with everything probably still attached to it. Motor is not seized up but obviously I won't be able to make run. The other is in my '52 475 and I believe that will run. What should I expect to get out of these if I decide to part with them. I live in Hazelton, ID. Thanks
Terry Wofford '52 GMC 3 1/2 Ton '51 GMC 2 1/2 Ton '53 GMC 1 1/2 Ton '53 Chevy 2Ton "If it ain't broke, well give me the keys and I'll be right back!"
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 | They are only worth scrap. Send them to me!
All kidding aside the 302 motors are worth something to the right person. The civillian 302 motors are a little more desireable than the military engines, but both can be reworked to fit in the 1/2 ton through 2 ton trucks.
I can't tell you what they are worth, but the market trend seems to have inflated the prices of these motors in the last 1/2 dozen years. Location also plays a factor.
Good luck John | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | I will be happy to pay the freight to my house and dinner for you and your lady. Now thats a little better deal than BigBad SwingDaddy offered. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 1,901 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 1,901 | go ask the guys at inliners.org maybe?
Give me ambiguity or give me something else
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 | There's a built 270 GMC bored to 292, H head, big valves, roller rockers, roller cam plus 400 automatic, in the March "Crusin News". Also mentions a 302 'apart'. Asking $7k and he's had some serious offers. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | A properly and carefully and professionally "built" engine is probably worth 4x-8x the value of a rebuild-able engine, even a 302.
What is the value of an unknown GMC domestic 302?
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 41 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2005 Posts: 41 | Thanks for the dinner offer! I don't think that will pay the bills though! I could not find a lot of info so I posted it in parts for $500 for the out of truck. I guess if I'm too high someone will let me know. It has the generator, carb, and all the accessories attached to it when I pulled the it. Even has the trans attached!
Terry Wofford '52 GMC 3 1/2 Ton '51 GMC 2 1/2 Ton '53 GMC 1 1/2 Ton '53 Chevy 2Ton "If it ain't broke, well give me the keys and I'll be right back!"
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | That looks like a good price.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 | im with swing daddy. its worth scrap price until proven. been burned on "oh its a good engine" only to find out i paid more for scrap than i got for it as scrap. | | |
| |