The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (TS3600, 55shaker), 86 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,467
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 900
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Online: Content
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 900
Bought one like this on e/bay for twenty some dollars.
You can get into places that you can't with a mirror and a flash light.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-GoogleMKP-_-pla-_-Hubs-_-9SIA0U00925206


Brian
1955.2 3100 Truck
The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!!
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
That link seems broken.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
The link worked on my iPhone


Let us know if you get it to work
The one review was not clear
I paid alot more for one that is hand held with a detachable screen 9mm probe


Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
Originally Posted by DADS50
The link worked on my iPhone


Let us know if you get it to work
The one review was not clear

I just tried again. Worked OK this time. Same computer and everything - go figure ohwell.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Brian, been looking for a bore scope that was reasonably priced
for decades. We used them when I was at the lab but they have
always been in the hundreds of dollars range. I'd borrowed one
from a friend to inspect the bore in during the annual inspections
I did on the Lycoming in my Pitts. Alas, he's moved on so I don't
have access to that anymore.

So this has an led light in the head? and how is the resolution?
and could you steer it inside of a cylinder? and I assume that
you use a USB port and view it on the screen using their viewer
that comes on the CD, correct?

Thanks,
Denny Graham
Sanwdich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
I've seen clips on YouTube that have enough definition to show the cross hatch marks from honing 30k miles before. I think the thing would be good to diagnose coolant leaks into the combustion chamber.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Well I took Brians recomendation and ordered one. Guess I'm
gonna have to sneak my "big old wifes" laptop out to the garage
when it comes.
DG


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Thats one feature I like about the camera I purchased. It has a detachable screen.

But it's alot more expensive


I owned it sine Christmas and have yet to use it.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
This is really not a bore scope, it's a small camera mounted on the end of an electrical
cable. But the cost is why I finally let the moths out of my pocketbook Gus. The
advantage to the more expensive real bore scopes is that the camera and display is all self
contained and they use a fiber optic cable with a very small lens at the end. Optional 90°
mirrors can be slipped on the end of the lens. They’re small enough to fit thru a sparkplug
hole, I’m not sure this camera is small enough to fit thru the hole and the camera length
would present a problem y also. One other disadvantage is I don’t think there is any way
you can view anything at an angle it would be used for a straight head on shot only.
But for $39 w/free shipping I don’t see how you can go wrong by having one in the tool
box and if you look around you can get them for under $25 now. I’m sure I’ll find a use
for it other than inspecting the cylinders, which is really the main reason I would like to
have a real bore scope.

Denny G


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Ok, just talked to Brian, taint gonna go in the sparkplug hole.
14mm 1.25 is ..516" and the specs on the AGPTek site shows the
camera od at the widest point at 14.5mm (.579"). So it taint gonna
go in the hole and it’s no good for lookin’ in the cylinder.

But,,,,,,as I told Brian, I'll find some other use for it. How bout lookin' in
the gas tank, or drop it down the breather hole in the crankcase or as he
posted, back up under something you can't see with a mirror and flashlight..

DG


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Here is the one I purchased
...click...


More expensive than the one HF offers but has a few more features.

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
D
Gas Pumper
Gas Pumper
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
Well, the good news is, you don't have to waste the Doctors time when it comes to a colonoscopy!


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,363
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,363
.354 diameter probe ? I saw some with I think .250 someplace, can't remember where, and they weren't too pricy either.


Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks.
Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.


As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Follow up Truckerlet??????

Denny G


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,363
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,363
Not sure where. Do a search online.


Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks.
Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.


As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins

Moderated by  MNSmith 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0