The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gray_Ghost, Shade Baby, Peggy M, Millenimech, NJC), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,321
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 33
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 33
What is your favorite catalog and who do you think has the best parts? I've been searching the web and I've found a bunch of them but in your opinion who stands out with the best quality stuff? I'm familiar with LMC but that's about the only one. For a '66.

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
There are tons out there: Classic Parts, Brothers, Truck and Car Shop, and of course LMC to name a few. I'm sure others will have lots more to add. I do the most business with Classic Parts, I have never had a problem with anything I've ordered from them. On the flip side I have had horrible luck with LMC. I have never gotten an order from them that was correct. Others have dealt with LMC and had good luck, just not me.


1963 Chevy C20 Longbed Stepside
1978 Chevy K30 Custom Deluxe
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
check the links section at the top of the page, there are many suppliers, most of whom sell identical parts from the very few importers and distributors - the first place to check for 60's parts is at a local parts house like NAPA, most wearing or hard parts are still in the system

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
Originally Posted by Sidekick
What is your favorite catalog and who do you think has the best parts? I've been searching the web and I've found a bunch of them but in your opinion who stands out with the best quality stuff? I'm familiar with LMC but that's about the only one. For a '66.

I like the LMC catalog. It shows where the part is in relation to other parts. That helps a novice like me. Other catalogs list by name. Sometimes I have to search a long time to find the part and still not sure it's what I need.

The Truck Shop in Orange CA has great prices. I have ordered from LMC with excellent results every time.

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
I like Classic parts. The prices are good & the quality is good. You need to have several catalogs as some have parts the others don't. The Filling Station has the largest selection of parts.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 207
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 207
I've used most of them. What don't like about LMC is minor but its that they pack everything in those stryofoam peanuts. I know knit picky. At Classic if you type stovebolt into the discount code you get a discount.


Tom
1965 Chevy C10, 230 straight six, 2WD, 4-speed manual
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 33
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 33
Thanks, That's exactly what I'm looking for. Most of my mechanical stuff is available locally but I'm needing a few (ha) body parts too. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
sidekick - NAPA has listings for many sheet metal patch panels, don't miss checking there, saves freight charges

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 33
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 33
Good to know. Thanks.

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
I also like Classic Parts of America. Watch LMC.. they price gouge on some items.

The best quality though is original parts which are reconditioned. Check with folks like Tony Smith, he has a lot of good used parts: http://4-5-6chevytrucks.com/index.html


In the Stovebolt Gallery ~~ "The Orange Crate" 1965 C10 SWB Step Side Build Thread

Inspired to be different. Different in a way of my own, not in a way that others strive.
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
Thanks Hot Rod. I appreciate the nod.

We are central to LMC, Classic Parts and Jim Carter's Classic Truck Parts, so we have the luxury of inspecting the item, before purchasing. We order parts from The Truck Shop, as well, since they are under the corporate structure of Counterparts, which is a great line of parts, specific to the '60-'66 Chevy trucks, Panels & Suburbans, along with the earlier & later years of Chevrolet trucks & cars. I have found the best wiring harnesses, bar none, come from M&H Electric Fabricators, Inc. www.wiringharness.com.

Last edited by 4-5-6 Chevy Trucks; 04/18/2013 10:12 PM.
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 132
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 132
Iv'e used Brothers quite often, great to deal with. I just bought new heater/ac cables from old air, looks to be good products. I will be installing these today. Also POL, performance on line.

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 42
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 42
Rockauto have an ever expanding list for 60-66, and are the most competitive regards cost. And Steele Rubber are good for ..... well you know, rubbery stuff.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0