The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Otto Skorzeny, Wally / Montana, Jeff Ogden, Peggy M, amtrakjoe, moparguy, mvigo, walter74), 83 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,702
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#932777 04/03/2013 7:52 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 220
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 220
Has anyone ever put the power brake booster kit from classic parts on their truck?
I have purchased one and what I have found is that they mount by drilling two new holes in my firewall (suppose to use two existing holes as well).
It is actually built by classic performance products. A call to them confirmed that the product I have is correct. They did say that I could manufacture my own brackets that bolt to the booster itself but that will be a lot of work that I am not convinced I want to do.
This thing looks great and I can't wait to get it on my truck, just want to make sure that I have looked at all my options.

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 132
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 132
Yes I did it on my 65. Bought the kit from POL. Sounds like the same type of kit. Mine works great and it wasn't that difficult to install.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 220
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 220
longboarder, thanks for the feedback. I am going out to the garage to put mine in.

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 33
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 33
Let us know how it works out. I just bought a '66 and may want to give that try.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 220
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 220
Went very easy.
I did have to drill two holes however with careful measuring I was able to keep the holes on the inside bracket.
I am getting closer to my start up after a few years so I am looking forward to seeing how it works out.

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
For future reference, the power brake setup from any 1/2T or 3/4T 1967 - 1972 will bolt right up back to at least 1963.

Les

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
When considering "Form" & "Function", the power brake boosters from the '67-'72 Chevy trucks will function properly, but they are not the same form (appearance). That may not matter, to most, as long as it works properly, but if you want the correct appearance, the year-specific booster, is the only answer.


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0