Anyone ever used automotive Vinyl instead of repainting their truck? From my understanding it can go over primer. I have been looking it up online after a mechanic was telling me he was doing his car in it. it is interesting and seems pretty cool but I figured that it was worth asking the experts on here about it. Life expectancy is up to 5-10 years depending on the elements and how well you take care of it.
here is a video that i saw.
Thoughts? FYI, I am still painting my truck, but thought you guys might like to see this.
Looks fine and dandy if that is the look you are going for. Not sure about the durability of it, looks like it would tear easy, and one little hole and moisture could get in between the vinyl and the factory sheet metal and "look out rust".
"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir "When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me Some TF series details & TF heater pics
jerry, i will be painting my truck, not wrapping it. just thought it was interesting enough to share.
Red, I read that it is bad to use for off road vehicles due to rocks tearing it up quickly. it is the same stuff that they use on the side of cars with advertisements. supposedly it is easy to take off when the time comes.