The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (50Chevy3100, RdsLessTaken, DadsFirstPickup, tclederman, Cletus1950, Ponchogl, 1 invisible), 202 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
6
New Guy
New Guy
6 Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Hello - I'm a new owner of a 54' 3100. The PO put in an aftermarket radio...AM/FM 8 Track(!)...which I'd like to replace. I have a sinking suspicion the dash was modified..but wanted to confirm by asking knowledgable stovebolters the dimensions of the radio opening on 54's.

Cheers!

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 235
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 235
I have the original radio in my 54 - 3100. I'll send photos and dimensions next week when i get back into town.


Bob

1954 Chevy 3100 5-Window
1954 5-Window COE aka "THE BEAST"
Bill Ritchie's Original Truck

Granddad's Hardware Store: Ritchie Hardware, Concord, N.C.
Bethesda, MD
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
66kcode,

Welcome to Stovebolt.com

If you can post your dimensions and/or post photos (or email photos to me and I will post them lederman@siena.edu), you'll most likely get more replies, more quickly.

Here is LonnieC's 54 dash (with the radio opening cover)

Here is another photo from LonnieC - no cover and no radio

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 235
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 235
I pulled my radio and sent it to be restored. This is a photo of the factory cutouts (lousy photo - sorry). I can send measurements if you need them.

Ritchie 54 Radio location



Bob

1954 Chevy 3100 5-Window
1954 5-Window COE aka "THE BEAST"
Bill Ritchie's Original Truck

Granddad's Hardware Store: Ritchie Hardware, Concord, N.C.
Bethesda, MD
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
It's pretty clear Ritchie when you compaire Lonnie's
opening to your's that it has not been hacked.
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/149750539/original
DG

Last edited by Denny Graham; 04/19/2013 8:37 AM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Moderated by  truckernix 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0