The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, msmall, 1 invisible), 123 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,137
Posts1,056,471
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 44
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 44
Can anyone tell me about installing some small speakers in the top front corners of the headliner. I have a '52 with a new CD player in the dash, and a DVC speaker mounted in the original speaker location on the dash. But I would like to add two small speakers in the headliner.
If anyone has any pics of speakers they have put into the headliner I'd like to see it and hear how they mounted them, what size speaker you can get in there. Anything at all.

thanks,
Crow

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
If you can find a pair of low profile speakers, they may fit; but I don't think you'll have enough clearance.

Then again, I'm not sure how much room there is between the headliner and the roof in a fifty-two. The best way is to pull the headliner and measure.

As for the mounting, I would mount them to the headliner, wire everything up, and then remount the headliner.

But that's just me.


~#~#~#~#~
1946 Chevrolet 3600 - "Old Number Seven"

Cavalry's Here. Cavalry's a frightened guy with a rock, but it's here.
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
Go to a junk yard and find the small 1 1/2'' speakers these are mostly tweeter type speakers.
Do it, and you'll love it. But you will now have a speaker close to your head. There is quite a bit of room up there for a small speaker and headliners kits are cheap.


Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
I've got a 37 pick up. I mounted kick panel speakers in the headliner over my head. There was plently of depth and I did it with the headliner installed. Just cut a round hole the correct size and ran wire.

Now I can hear my radio!

Joe smile


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 44
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 44
Well I picked up some 3.5 inch speakers that will fit into the headliner area at each side.
Onto ideas for subwoofers.

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 44
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 44
Just wanted to update y'all that I put in the 3.5 inch Infinity Reference speakers in the top front corners of the cab. The sound is great, its better than any factory system I have had in my cars.
I'm thinking of changing the dual voice coil speaker in the original location on the dash to a second pair of 3.5 inch speakers.


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0