The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (tclederman, 68ironhead, 3B, GMCJammer51, Otto Skorzeny, Pre '68 Dave, Jon G, 1 invisible), 124 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,245
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 37
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 37
After reading about all the trouble with diffrent front axle disk brakes I went with ECI. I like the looks of the parts I got. The kit uses 79-87 Chevy calipers (new). Roters are GM six lug 4X4. The only thing so far I'm not to keen on is the caliper mounting brackets will not work with the kingpin keeper bolt and steering stop lug. You can make room for the steering lug and bolt by removing some of the caliper mounting bracket but it will take off quite a bit. The other is to leave off the steering stop lug and keep the bolt and remove less of the mounting bracket. Or ECI says to delete the whole thing. My question is will leaving the steering stop and kingpin bolt off be an issue? If not the mounting bracket seems like it will work well as the steering stop. I'll let you know how this goes. I'll just getting started.

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,001
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,001
I would send the kit back to ECI and say no thank you as I would not get rid of either the king pin lock pin nor the steering stop.


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0