| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (John Dlugos, 1 invisible),
150
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 37 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 37 | After reading about all the trouble with diffrent front axle disk brakes I went with ECI. I like the looks of the parts I got. The kit uses 79-87 Chevy calipers (new). Roters are GM six lug 4X4. The only thing so far I'm not to keen on is the caliper mounting brackets will not work with the kingpin keeper bolt and steering stop lug. You can make room for the steering lug and bolt by removing some of the caliper mounting bracket but it will take off quite a bit. The other is to leave off the steering stop lug and keep the bolt and remove less of the mounting bracket. Or ECI says to delete the whole thing. My question is will leaving the steering stop and kingpin bolt off be an issue? If not the mounting bracket seems like it will work well as the steering stop. I'll let you know how this goes. I'll just getting started. | | |
| |
| |