The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (1955 1 Series, Steelonsteel, 55shaker, GRNHydra, 51sub, Wally / Montana, Peggy M, Hotrod Lincoln), 81 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,141
Posts1,056,471
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#928846 03/19/2013 10:51 PM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 17
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 17
I recently got a 1956 half ton and it came with no rims or tires. I found some 15X8 6 lug rims and was wondering what tire size will fit without having clearance issues in the front? I've been looking on the internet and it looks like 235/60R15 would work.

What size tires do you run on your half ton?

Thanks
Alex


"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem."
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 154
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 154
I put on 235/75r15 and they look great. I even tried out some 255/70 and they still fit.


1955 GMC 100 Series 2
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
30x9.50x15s will fit with with no issues.


Bill Burmeister

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0