| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Rich'sToys),
131
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,096 Posts1,056,488 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 28 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 28 | So I am restoring a 1957 Chevy suburban. Delux style I am using this truck as a guide and ultimate goal for my truck. I am trying to keep it as original as possible. http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?aid=53&ln=713My question. Is what are the colors of the seat frames. I believe that the whole interior is the light gray and the dash is the charcoal gray mat to decrease glar. I am going with the delux color scheme. For now the seat covers are going to be plain gray but in the future would love to make them exactly like original. Thanks Jon | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 28 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 28 | The body man thinks the seats are supposed to be black | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | does the bodyman have something upon which to base what he thinks? I'd expect seat covers to be gray standard, like the pickup and panel, and some textured cloth with gray edges for deluxe [optional "fiber" cover], with frames same interior lighter gray .... and the dash top isn't actually "mat", it's the dark gray flattened enough to be "non-glare", same shade as the steering column, shifter, ebrake handle and floor .... you should track down some factory sales literature if you want to copy original
Bill | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 1,363 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 1,363 | I would think they would be the same color that the seat frame in a TF truck would be. Note that looks like a base coat clear coat paint job, and would make it not even close to original. It gives too much depth to the paint and shine if that makes any sense. If picture is good, the interior is too dark of gray, the steering wheel is supposed to be gray. The choke knob should be black, and they make them I just got one the other day. I want the floor mat, is that the ones that classic has? The radio delete is the wrong color. The fresh air delete plate is the wrong color. If they were trying for factory original, some of the colors are not correct. The flywheel housing was not black, it is part of the engine and painted the same color. I'm suprized it has no aircleaner decal. Oil filter location? I've seem them in both spots. And what is the bar running over it next to the carburetor? Never ever seen that in a 57.
Last edited by Truckrolet; 03/12/2013 1:42 PM.
Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks. Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.
As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 28 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 28 | I got the "1957 Chevy features manual" It talks about all the colors in the cab except the seat frames.
So if anyone has ever seen any literature that talks about suburban seat frames I would love to see what it says. I hate to paint them on a hunch or what I think.
Thanks!!!! For all the input so far
Jon | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 28 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 28 | After looking more and more online and in the literature I have you are right there is plenty wrong with this picture. Thank you for pointing it all out! Jon | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 1,363 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 1,363 | As far as seat frames, I bet 98% that they are a semi gloss black, not a full on gloss black, and not too dull either. Most always any add on things were black. Or charcoalish gray, like steering columns, etc. Then there was the special heater hammmered gray paint. I fully understand you don't want a guess at it. I'm the same way. Don't try to copy what others have done there are likely only a very small amount of people anywhere that really know. Only someone with a true factory original can know for sure, unless they remember them new. As a kid I never even got close to a TF suburban. Rode in a 1960 suburban, but don't remember color of seat frames.
Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks. Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.
As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
| | |
| |
| |