The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (KEVINSKI), 160 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,230
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Would anyone from ODSS be willing to teach me how to paint this summer? I will supply everything needed! Loretta will be ready to get painted about midsummer since i am currently doing body work as I take her apart (removing mild skin cancer and hammering out as many dents as possible)

Chris

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
By "...everything needed!" would that be paint booth with fresh air system to protect lungs or out in the driveway with rollers and paint brushes?


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Chris -- Sounds like a candidate Mid Summer's Eve some or another! Come to Homecomng and let's talk it up.

If you're supplying the beer ... smile

John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
I would supply beer and food! I will be on the road for work during homecoming so i will not be able to attend.

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 48
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 48
Chris,
I may be able to help you out on this or at least give you a few pointers. I am not a pro but I have painted a few cars and trucks. I am over in Woodbridge as well.

Russell

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Russell,

That would be GREAT! I have some time since i am still doing the body work and everything. Which part of woodbridge are you in? I am in the old bridge/prince william parkway area.

Chris

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 48
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 48
Chris,
I'm not far from you. Shoot me an IM with your contact information and I'll stop by to see where you are at on the project and where you need to be before spraying. Shooting the top coat is actually just a small part of the overall paint job.


Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0