| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,605 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 27 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 27 | I am converting my '66 from a manual transmission to an automatic. Has anyone who has done this conversion found a good way to plug up the hole in the firewall for the clutch rod? I know I could just put in the clutch boot and seal up the little hole but I was wordering if there is a better way. Perhaps someone found a grommet that fits? Any other ideas? Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | NAPA will usually have a variety box of rubber grommets that includes some without holes [plugs], might check that - also, electrical parts suppliers have various size metal plugs for junction boxes that might work .... be creative
Bill | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | I made a plate using sheetmetal and attached with two screws. OE automagic trucks had either a plate or an oblong plastic plug. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 27 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 27 | I'll take a look at the grommets at NAPA but unfortunately the hole was not simply punched out but has a 1/8" or so rolled edge for the boot installation which means most gromments I have won't work. OE automagic I am unfamiliar with . . . | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 | | | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 27 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 27 | Now there's an idea. I'll have to see if I can find one large enough. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 434 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 434 |
R-Bo
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Big Window, Short bed Fleetside (under reconstruction) 1966 GMC 305V6 in the family
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | The factory plug is:
Caplugs #B-385
We have a few good, used ones, if you are looking for a factory-correct solution, to remedy the issue.
Last edited by 4-5-6 Chevy Trucks; 02/27/2013 2:03 PM.
| | |
| |
| |