The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (frogfarmer), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,268
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#917751 02/06/2013 1:21 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Coming up sooner than you think. It is Feb 22-24. I have spaces #323 and #423 in section CP. That is the south pasture, not around the buildings. Stop by and say howdy.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Cletis #917817 02/06/2013 6:00 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Hey Cletis, how many acres does the swap meet encompass? We went to the Chickasha meet for the first time this year and it is about 10 acres. We were worn out just walking that. Trying to convince Ms Kathy we need to take a road trip other than our monthly Mom visit to Mena, Ar. Need to find a set of running boards for the '37 Olds.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Cletis #917863 02/06/2013 8:25 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I don't know about acreage but I bet the south pasture is more than 10 acres. And the likelihood of finding the running boards is high. This is the first meet of the season and it is a big one. Vendors come from all over.

Decatur Swap Meet.

Come on down. Texas needs your money.



"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Cletis #917953 02/07/2013 8:45 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Thanks, still in the planning stages. If the "Stovebolt" clan is coming on Friday, that may be our day. We'll see.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Cletis #918373 02/08/2013 5:47 PM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,644
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,644
I'm getting back from a sales meeting in Chicago on the 22nd. I'll be there on Saturday the 23rd. I'll drop by your space.


Chuck
1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original)
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod)
1941 Chevy coupe
1938 Chevy coupe streetrod
Cletis #918631 02/09/2013 3:50 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Looking forward to meeting you.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Cletis #918777 02/10/2013 8:39 AM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 438
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 438
I have to be in Austin on 23& 24 but trying to get there on 22nd. Seems like something always come up on weekends with swap meets but guess one day better than none. I'll stop by your space and say howdy.


Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison
Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln

Cletis #918969 02/10/2013 9:39 PM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
I will be there early friday morning.... About a 5 hour drive !!! Texas is a big State !! lol

Cletis #918970 02/10/2013 9:43 PM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
Cletus, What kind of parts do you and the folks have.. Is there a good place to stay in Decarur???

Cletis #918988 02/10/2013 10:42 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I have mostly AD/ND parts. There are parts for most anything at the meet. It is a big meet.

There is a list of motels and RV parks at the website. (link above in my 2nd post)


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Cletis #918991 02/10/2013 10:57 PM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
Thanks..

Cletis #920939 02/18/2013 8:24 PM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 153
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 153
I will be there Friday. It's only a 75 mile drive for me.


1946 Chevy Half Ton
('56 235, '86 T5, '79 Camaro Z28 rear end, working on the '85 Jaguar XJ6 IFS)
1976 Margay Panther X, MC91B

Cletis #920982 02/19/2013 12:04 AM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Hey D!ck, looks like it may be as muddy as it was when we were there in Sept.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Cletis #920995 02/19/2013 1:49 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 231
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 231
Can't make it this year, I already have a commitment but have book marked the link and that meet is something I want to check out next year!


1963 Chevy C-10 Fleetside
1970 C-30 Dump Truck
2025 Silverado High Country 2500 Diesel
2012 Indian Chief Vintage serial #002 motorcycle
1946 Indian Chief, 1947 Indian Chief w/sidecar,2014 Indian Chieftain, 2015 Indian Scout


Cletis #921356 02/20/2013 11:23 AM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
U
New Guy
New Guy
U Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
I am going to Decatur swap meet this weekend for first time. Do any of you know if they allow electric scooters or if it is large enough to need one. I go to Pate meet at Texas Speedway & have found the scooter much needed. Any info would be appreciated, I tried to call phone number for meet but could not get answer...Thanks to all

Cletis #921440 02/20/2013 4:12 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Yes, they allow electric scooters. They even allow gasoline 4 wheelers and some idiots allow their children to run around in them. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen if you ask me.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Cletis #921443 02/20/2013 4:19 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
you see more when you walk, dont want to miss any deals you know


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Cletis #921512 02/20/2013 8:08 PM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
Is Friday a good day to go? Didn't know if everyone would be set up on a weekday....

Cletis #921546 02/20/2013 10:45 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Friday is the best day. We set up on Thursday. Friday morning you get first dibs.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Cletis #921585 02/21/2013 5:30 AM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
See Ya then....

Cletis #921844 02/21/2013 9:39 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I carried a trailer load of jun...er, I mean good stuff out there today. Walked the whole grounds. People were steady bringing stuff in all afternoon. It's a big one. See yall there.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Cletis #921884 02/22/2013 1:35 AM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
charlie, went to doc wed and he scheduled an emergency pet-scan
for this morning so I wont be there.. hope to see you soon

Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Cletis #922000 02/22/2013 2:22 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Charlie, not going to make it. Extended family issues. Hope you sell a ton.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Cletis #922118 02/22/2013 10:00 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
46 sorta stock came by and we got to visit. Scott came by while I was busy with a sale and we didn't get to visit. Sorry about that.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Cletis #922251 02/23/2013 12:51 PM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
Got some stuff at the Swap meet... Tailgate for my 56 (needed) A tailgate for a 70 el Camino (Impulse buy) Old wrenches (Add to the 500 I already have) lic. plates (didn't need anymore) lol.....Had a great time...............

Cletis #923177 02/26/2013 8:17 PM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,644
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,644
Nice to meet you on Saturday Cletis. it was good to finally put a face with a name!! My friend Renae & myself really enjoyed walking around & looking at everything. She had never been to a swap meet, so Decatur was her first. She loves cars so that's why she wanted to go. Would like to have lit up a cigar with ya. Maybe next year!?!


Chuck
1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original)
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod)
1941 Chevy coupe
1938 Chevy coupe streetrod
Cletis #923342 02/27/2013 12:42 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I enjoyed meeting you too. You should have hung around a while.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.

Moderated by  ndkid275 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0