Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,274 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Coming up sooner than you think. It is Feb 22-24. I have spaces #323 and #423 in section CP. That is the south pasture, not around the buildings. Stop by and say howdy. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Hey Cletis, how many acres does the swap meet encompass? We went to the Chickasha meet for the first time this year and it is about 10 acres. We were worn out just walking that. Trying to convince Ms Kathy we need to take a road trip other than our monthly Mom visit to Mena, Ar. Need to find a set of running boards for the '37 Olds.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | I don't know about acreage but I bet the south pasture is more than 10 acres. And the likelihood of finding the running boards is high. This is the first meet of the season and it is a big one. Vendors come from all over. Decatur Swap Meet. Come on down. Texas needs your money. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Thanks, still in the planning stages. If the "Stovebolt" clan is coming on Friday, that may be our day. We'll see.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,644 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,644 | I'm getting back from a sales meeting in Chicago on the 22nd. I'll be there on Saturday the 23rd. I'll drop by your space.
Chuck 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original) 1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod) 1941 Chevy coupe 1938 Chevy coupe streetrod | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Looking forward to meeting you. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 | I have to be in Austin on 23& 24 but trying to get there on 22nd. Seems like something always come up on weekends with swap meets but guess one day better than none. I'll stop by your space and say howdy.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 15 | I will be there early friday morning.... About a 5 hour drive !!! Texas is a big State !! lol | | | | | Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 15 | Cletus, What kind of parts do you and the folks have.. Is there a good place to stay in Decarur??? | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | I have mostly AD/ND parts. There are parts for most anything at the meet. It is a big meet.
There is a list of motels and RV parks at the website. (link above in my 2nd post) | | | | | Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 15 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2002 Posts: 153 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2002 Posts: 153 | I will be there Friday. It's only a 75 mile drive for me. 1946 Chevy Half Ton ('56 235, '86 T5, '79 Camaro Z28 rear end, working on the '85 Jaguar XJ6 IFS) 1976 Margay Panther X, MC91B | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Hey D!ck, looks like it may be as muddy as it was when we were there in Sept. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 231 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 231 | Can't make it this year, I already have a commitment but have book marked the link and that meet is something I want to check out next year! 1963 Chevy C-10 Fleetside 1970 C-30 Dump Truck 2025 Silverado High Country 2500 Diesel 2012 Indian Chief Vintage serial #002 motorcycle 1946 Indian Chief, 1947 Indian Chief w/sidecar,2014 Indian Chieftain, 2015 Indian Scout | | | | | Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 1 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 1 | I am going to Decatur swap meet this weekend for first time. Do any of you know if they allow electric scooters or if it is large enough to need one. I go to Pate meet at Texas Speedway & have found the scooter much needed. Any info would be appreciated, I tried to call phone number for meet but could not get answer...Thanks to all | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Yes, they allow electric scooters. They even allow gasoline 4 wheelers and some idiots allow their children to run around in them. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen if you ask me. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | you see more when you walk, dont want to miss any deals you know Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 15 | Is Friday a good day to go? Didn't know if everyone would be set up on a weekday.... | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Friday is the best day. We set up on Thursday. Friday morning you get first dibs. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 15 | | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | I carried a trailer load of jun...er, I mean good stuff out there today. Walked the whole grounds. People were steady bringing stuff in all afternoon. It's a big one. See yall there.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | charlie, went to doc wed and he scheduled an emergency pet-scan for this morning so I wont be there.. hope to see you soon
Fred Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Charlie, not going to make it. Extended family issues. Hope you sell a ton.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | 46 sorta stock came by and we got to visit. Scott came by while I was busy with a sale and we didn't get to visit. Sorry about that. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 15 | Got some stuff at the Swap meet... Tailgate for my 56 (needed) A tailgate for a 70 el Camino (Impulse buy) Old wrenches (Add to the 500 I already have) lic. plates (didn't need anymore) lol.....Had a great time...............
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,644 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,644 | Nice to meet you on Saturday Cletis. it was good to finally put a face with a name!! My friend Renae & myself really enjoyed walking around & looking at everything. She had never been to a swap meet, so Decatur was her first. She loves cars so that's why she wanted to go. Would like to have lit up a cigar with ya. Maybe next year!?!
Chuck 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original) 1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod) 1941 Chevy coupe 1938 Chevy coupe streetrod | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | I enjoyed meeting you too. You should have hung around a while. | | |
| |