| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (cmayna, Gray_Ghost),
168
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,613 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 | Looking for photo of the wiper motor used in the 1946 pick-up when equiped with driver side only wiper. Most motors I have seen have two knobs. I have located one that only has 1 knob. It came off a single wiper system. The cover plate was missing. Does the single motor have a 1 one or 2 hole cover plate? Will appreciate any info. Thanks, Harld
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 775 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 775 | Hi Harold; I believe they had two knobs because one was on/off the other is for speed. I replaced mine with electric motors and made it look like the stock ones. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 775 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 775 | I have pictures of how I did my electric setup in photobucket. If you run a vac system you might consider the combination fuel pump and vac motor. At least then you always have wipers when the engine is on. If you switch to 12V there all sorts of pre built electric wiper systems. In case you don't know vac wiper motors will stop or slow down under high acceleration or when going up hills etc. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 | Hi Harold:
Sent you some photos via e mail. | | |
| |
| |