The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, J Lucas, dt235sd, Cosmo, jeffreyguy, Charles in CA, LAROKE), 132 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,221
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
I know this topic has gotten a lot of mileage. I know who manufactures the replacement retractors. Everything I can find says to get the manufacturer's part number off the unit you are replacing. I've got the Chevy part number from the assembly manual but can't find a cross reference anywhere. I've seen info on other series but not a TF Burb. My 58 originally came with barn doors that were swapped for the clamshell, so there aren't any parts to pull the info from.

Can anyone provide/confirm the correct model number of the part so I can order replacements from Pullman?

On a related note, does anyone in the Kansas City area know of a shop that can make the cables? They aren't there either.


Thanks

Larry
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
Come on. Someone out there has to have a TF Suburban/Panel with the clam shell doors in it. Please take a look at your retractors and post the manufacturers part number.


Thanks

Larry
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 205
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 205
Hey guys, I just bought a 48 suburban with the clam shell doors. It's coming from California so when it gets here I'll look and post the info.

Chevytruckdaddy


Chevytruckdaddy
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
Sorry, I haven't been looking here lately. I pulled a retractor out of my 55 TF burb. The part is made by Pullman. It has a part no. of 105-A. Below that are the numbers 9-111B. Hope that this helps. By the way, the strap on mine looks a bit iffy so let me know what you find out.

John

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
John;

Hooah!! Thanks for the info. I'll get a set of replacements form Pullman. Money is tight at the moment so it might be a little while. If I get a big tax refund, maybe I'll be able to convince my wife to let me do a little shopping. :-)



Thanks

Larry
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 28
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 28
I know this topic has been discussed before but does anyone have a length on the cables that are in the 55-59 suburbans

I know Larry and I need to get them made.

Thanks!!!

Jon

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 28
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 28
The length is 48 inches on the cable end to end.
There is a 7/8 inch ball on both ends
The cable is 3/16 inch diameter
One end has an attachment that hookes to the Pullman spring
I will post some pictures of it if I can in my photobucket


Ball end

http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/Theorangebomb/?action=view&current=1370730964.jpg

Attachment end

http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/Theorangebomb/?action=view&current=1370730972.jpg

http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/Theorangebomb/?action=view&current=1370730966.jpg

Pullman retractor

http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/Theorangebomb/?action=view&current=1370730973.png

Last edited by Jon P; 06/11/2013 9:01 PM.

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0