| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,266 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 27 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 27 | I am switching my manual transmission '66 C10 from a manual transmission to an automatic. I am also adding power brakes. While I believe the manual trans brake pedal and arm will work fine, I was wondering if the automatic used a different (wider) pedal than the manual trans one. Also, did vehicles with power brakes use a different pedal cover than the manual brake units? If so, where can I purchase both items? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 82 Crusing in the Passing Lane | | Crusing in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 82 | I have a 64 with a powerglide, the pedal is identical to a stick shift pedal | | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 27 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 27 | I have a 64 with a powerglide, the pedal is identical to a stick shift pedal Great! Does anyone know if the '66 is the same as well? Also, did the power brake pedal cover say "Power Brakes" ? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 52 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 52 | The pedals are the same manual or auto. All they did is remove the third pedal. You can remove the third pedal as well and the brake pedal will work just fine without it.
65 K10 Longbox Fleetside Big Back Window Custom Cab 65 K10 Flatbed Old School Parts 60-66 (208)946-6173 [email protected]
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | The pedal assembly is the same and the brake pedal area, is the same, as the manual brake pedal. The wider brake pedal came after 1966. The brake pedal pad, will have POWER BRAKE (no S) on it.
Last edited by 4-5-6 Chevy Trucks; 02/17/2013 9:31 AM.
| | |
| |
| |