The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (55shaker, classicfins, Charles in CA, CandoBrent), 113 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,664
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#759200 07/02/2011 12:28 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
I am looking for rear panel truck door clips that hold the rubber stripping to the door 1939-46 I think should be the same. The clips once installed can not be removed without breaking off the prongs that hold them in. The only way to remove them without breaking is to get inside the door panel. I just need one for a sample or would love to find NOS ones or a place that has new ones. Thanks!!!! 1-262-392-2989 or [email protected]

Marv.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

If anyone knows of a source for this part, please post the information here - that information might help people.

If anyone has one part to trade/sell to Marvin, please complete that activity via phone, email, or a Private Message.

Thanks,

O
OLTrucks
Unregistered
OLTrucks
Unregistered
O
Anyway to get a picture or even a drawing of this clip and note its size. I have many catalogs of clips and the like I might be able to find I even have a few boxes of nos clips but they lack any part number (note to open nos boxes from the bottom so the lids with part number dont fall off and get lost years from now)
Mike Taylor

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
5
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
Doesn't most new rubber have the clips built in? Here is a site that has your vintage of truck parts CLICKME .


My57Suburban

This is the slickest swap I have seen for trucks
EZChassisSwap.com
O
OLTrucks
Unregistered
OLTrucks
Unregistered
O
Originally Posted by 57Sub3100
Doesn't most new rubber have the clips built in? Here is a site that has your vintage of truck parts CLICKME.

Only 1955-59 side door seals had the clips that the aftermarket fellas are selling, This is a 1940-46 Panel Rear Door Seal he is talking about. smile

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
5
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
I see, sorry i can not be of help on this topic, best of luck smile


My57Suburban

This is the slickest swap I have seen for trucks
EZChassisSwap.com
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
The clips I am looking for are similar to the ones one pages 30-31 of the Restoration Specialies Catalog numbers 1335,1482,1722,2182 but with out a sample I do not know which ones for sure.restorationspecialies.com

Marv.

Last edited by marvin ribbich; 07/05/2011 10:34 PM.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
btt

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

marvin,

Have you contacted Restoration Specialties, Inc. and asked them to send you samples? They are a very accommodating company.

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531


Larry Bear

55.5 Chevy 3100 Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery


Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

If anyone finds a supplier, please post the name, web-address, and part number.

If anyone has the original part, please post a photo here.

If you have the part for sale, please contact the original poster (via email or a Private Message).


Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
I need a good original to know what I am looking for my doors don't have any at this time. Thanks!!!

Marv.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
btt

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
btt

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
There is no 2182


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
They have change the catalog and the clips are on pages 35-36 numbers 1335,1482,1722,and 85-5973 without a sample of a original one I would not know what ones to buy. Thanks!!!

Marv.


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0