| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,366 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 141 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 141 | I have a good block from a 1937 216. I also have a guy that has a 1940 216 with a cracked block. Can he rebuild his motor with my block? Besides the potntial piston size issue, is there anything else?
Trombones Totem Poles And Old Trucks!
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | No. 1940 was the first year for a rear main seal, so the block and crank are completely different. The flywheel went from 4 bolts holding the flywheel to 6 in 1940 also.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 1,096 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 1,096 | He would need to use your block and crankshaft assy. I'm pretty sure you can get away with the rest, then I hope you have an early flywheel as has been pointed out .
Last edited by Dusty; 01/30/2013 1:47 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | I'm not sure where in Wa you are but I'm sure I can come up with a 40 engine. PM me if interested
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | |
| |
| |