The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jon G, Guitplayer, Wally / Montana), 123 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,269
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#912695 01/18/2013 12:22 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
Folks,
I'm on my second NAPA heater switch. It's a NC6050 and is for a 6V system (which I have in my 1950 3600) napa switch

The first one quit working at low speeds. I'm sure the resistor was damaged. Anyway, they have a 3 year warrenty, so I'm on to my second switch. I don't have any confidence in this one either. Has anyone made their own or is there a 'better' one out there?

Thanks.


David Gilmore
Stovebolt Pictures
Paint progress
____________________________
1950 Chevy 3600
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
My guess is that most the repo switches are junk

I bought this one from classic parts
...link...

And the ceramic cracked before I had a chance to install it.

I am using that switch and it's been working for the past two winters. I like that it gives me three positions and is lighted.
NOS switches still come up on eBay for around $60.00 to $100.00 dollars.

That switch from classic should be available from your local auto parts


edit.. my switch is 12v

Last edited by DADS50; 01/18/2013 2:07 PM.
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
Originally Posted by DADS50
My guess is that most the repo switches are junk

I bought this one from classic parts
...link...

And the ceramic cracked before I had a chance to install it.

I am using that switch and it's been working for the past two winters. I like that it gives me three positions and is lighted.
NOS switches still come up on eBay for around $60.00 to $100.00 dollars.

That switch from classic should be available from your local auto parts


edit.. my switch is 12v


If you are running 12V,that's half the current so easier on the switch itself. I'll see how long this one holds up and keep an eye out for something else.

Thanks for the reply.


David Gilmore
Stovebolt Pictures
Paint progress
____________________________
1950 Chevy 3600

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0