| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, TexasA&M48Truck, CandoBrent, Forty9, TUTS 59, MikeStone1953),
140
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,211 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 | Hello, my 46 1.5 ton has a Delco distributor# 1110224. Can someone help me identify this part and application? I have been told this is not original to the truck. When I placed a Pertronix Ignitor in two years ago I had to call Pertronix with the number to get the correct part. The current Ignitor inside is #2161N6
Thanks
Last edited by Lend-Lease 1.5; 01/16/2013 12:36 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | ...google... ...google... not original to your truck | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 | I did a google search first and a 51 kaiser popped up on ebay. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | the first link above shows 51-53 kaiser
who knows...napa and others sell remanufactured distributors. I guess anything can happen when they rebuild them | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 | I'm curious is its the same as the model that went into the bolts but has a different part number because it was used by Kaiser? The pertronix kits do have different part numbers. When I called Chev's of 40's the operator couldn't identify what it was based on the Delco part number. The Engine is a bit of a Frankenstein. The block shows as a 46 however I know the intake is from a 1950-1953 and uses that model of Rochester.
Last edited by Lend-Lease 1.5; 01/17/2013 8:04 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Typically the only differenes were in the location of the wire terminal, grease fitting location and the springs are probably different giving it the correct curve for the Kaiser 6cyl. L-head engine. I am suprised the cam gear is the same. Denny Graham Sandwich, IL
Last edited by Denny Graham; 01/17/2013 11:04 AM.
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 | Thanks for the info everyone as I am not a Distro expert. One thing that is great about this site, I rewired by 46 Bolt in the driveway with 10 & 14 gauge wire from spools and loom I already had. Took me about four hours going slow, no hurry. I did switch to a 6V Alt from Carters. I used the same Chevy diagram to self install the wiring on my Willys CJ2A. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 | I recently converted one truck to 12V and upgraded the pertronix. Upon buying a second truck recently which does have a Gm numbered Delco distro, I installed the 6V Pertronix numbered for the Kaiser Distro and it purs like a kitten! | | |
| |
| |