The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (klhansen, fonz8261, Shaffer's1950, Eileen, Uncles51, Rusty Heaps, 50Chevy3100), 87 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,295
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#911073 01/12/2013 3:22 PM
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
5
Moderated
Moderated
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
I have a 1959 Apache 38 1 ton. I want to replace the original front straight axle with a narrower straight axle with a disc brake set-up, should end up 60" backing plate to backing plate. Are there any recommendations for "donor" trucks that might accomplish this? I don't need the 1 ton front set up anymore as I've modified the read end to a non-dually (just using a wide single rear wheel).


Joined: May 2012
Posts: 51
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 51
I am doing the same thing on my '46 1.5 ton. I found a front axle off of a '42 3/4 ton. This will give me an 8 lug wheel pattern and a wide variety of wheel choices. I am going to use a Chevy 14 bolt full floating axle on the rear, same 8 lug bolt pattern. What did you use for your rear axle, I haven't bought one yet.


1939 Chevy 1/2-Ton Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1946 1.5-Ton Chevrolet Stake Bed
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1940 Chevy Sedan - Frame-off Restoration

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0