The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (TUTS 59, RLB, Otto Skorzeny, 52Carl, Gray_Ghost, ShopRag), 132 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,714
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 258
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 258
Hey all

Its been too long since I took apart my windshield. now its time to put it back together.

Is there a thin rubber gasket between the glass and the inside of the frame?

I have a roll of thin rubber, about 1 inch wide in my new parts pile, I think that is what goes between the window and the frame, but I thought I would check.

sorry for the basic question

jay

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 27
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 27
i too need to ask this?


just sand it a little more
47 1st series pu 4x4
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 258
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 258
I spoke with jim carter, and yes, there is a rubber seal that goes between the glass and the inner frame.
they said to put some oil in the frame to slide in the glass with the rubber on the glass. I did that. It sort of falls apart easily when it gets oil on it, so be careful. jim carter sells this seal by the foot.

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 258
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 258
just a note on the window sealer tape.
the windshield tape is half the thickness of the side window tape.
you need the extra thickness for the door windows


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0