The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,541
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#903366 12/13/2012 4:57 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 166
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 166
Is draining the bad gas out of the tank of a long-sitting truck good enough ? Probably not smile .... I will probably go ahead and pull it... Do I just loosen the band screws and try and negotiate/pull the neck thru the rubber gasket ? Do I need to try and save the gasket ?

Troy


Troy
1963 Chevy C60
Big Red Chevy
In the Stovebolt Gallery

1951 GMC 453 Series 3-Ton Army Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 211
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 211
I disconnected the straps completely.It's easier with the gasket out. I was able to save mine on the '42. Just push from the inside and pull with you other hand. Should be the same for your '51.

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 166
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 166
Thanks Alltruck, I appreciate the advice... Sounds like a good plan.

Troy


Troy
1963 Chevy C60
Big Red Chevy
In the Stovebolt Gallery

1951 GMC 453 Series 3-Ton Army Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0