| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (1955 1 Series, klhansen, John Dlugos, Bill Hanlon, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny, 2 invisible),
219
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,179 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 304 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 304 | I left the key on my 12v, 52 3100, and burned up the battery. Dead, gone, fried. Got a new one and the truck wouldn't start. Checking for spark, I touched the coil accidentally. It was red hot and the truck hadn't even started. Replaced the coil, all is fine. Truck started right up. The new, and old coil for that matter, has "external resistor required" printed on it. I haven't found one installed anywhere but the guy at the auto parts store sold me one and said to run it and check the coil. If it starts to get hot, install this resistor. It's a BWD, part #RU19. There is also another # on the box. V12039. Should I do that or just install the resistor now? He sounded like he knew what he was talking about, but I am just double checking. Thanks in advance.
'52 3100 "once a Marine, always a Marine!! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | install the resistor, it'll be better long term - make sure you use the correct wiring to bypass it when the starter is cranking
Bill | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 304 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 304 | Thanks for the tip. I will check into it next weekend when I get the next chance to work on it.
'52 3100 "once a Marine, always a Marine!! | | |
| |
| |