| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
94
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,474 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 | Is there such a thing? I think I have one. It has a pipe that attaches to a plate on the manifold.
Any info on it?
Thanks
Last edited by oldbluetruck; 12/03/2012 7:36 PM.
Dennis -there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | Yes, there is such a thing that was used on passenger cars and on Hydra-Matic equipped Chevrolet trucks.
Maybe someone knows when/if that heat pipe/stove automatic choke was used on any manual transmission late 50s or early 60s Chevrolet trucks.
What size/year is your engine? What is the engine serial number code?
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 | Thanks Tim. I pulled the carburetor off a truck at a salvage yard years ago. I forgot about it and noticed it yesterday when cleaning up.
I have a later 235 to put in my 48 and am trying to decide if I should stay with either the manual or auto choke Rochester carb or rebuild and use a carter ys2100 that I picked up at a swap meet. Don't know?
Dennis -there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 | Is it a Carter YF 2100S? (you had typed ys?) anyway great carb, and also manual choke. I have one on my 235 and love it.
Kurt | | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 37 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 37 | Love my Carter carb. Ethanol was eating up my Rochester seals and I had constant vacuum leaks at the throttle valve...put on the Carter 2 years ago and it has been bullet proof. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 | Thanks guys. Kurt you are right. Bad typing.
Sounds like I should go with the carter.
Thanks
Dennis -there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,099 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,099 | No reason why the auto choke carb won't work as well. You will need the correct choke stove plate to get heat to the carb. My friend has a 56 car with a stick shift that uses one. It was factory. The Carter carb is always a good choice. Fred
1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes 1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes 2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans 1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 | When I picked the carb I also got the tube and plate.
Thanks Fred
Dennis -there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
| | |
| |
| |