The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TUTS 59, Shof, Ponchogl, Jon G), 172 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,157
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 94
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 94
Hello all,
Need some help. First, can anyone post a pic of rear brake shoe set up so I can see what I'm missing?
Second, it appears I need a set of park brake strut levers and possibly the top straight flat lever that connects to each shoe if that's even needed.
I redid all lines, drums,pads,master cyl,cables etc and now need the levers to connect the cables so I have e-brake.
Where can I find these new? Many thanks...phil

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Make, year, model truck?

As far as you know, are all parts original style?

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 94
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 94
Sorry,
It's a 53 3100. I was informed here that the rear is a '55-'62 HO33 from a 1/2 ton truck. It seems that all parts I orderd online for a 53 fit. Cables, shoes, drums, etc so I am assuming I need the 53 ones, or I could try to find 55-62 possibly?
Either way, they seem hard to find.


Phil
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

1951-1957 (and, maybe later) 1/2 ton rear brake parts.

Brake shoe strut is shown; and, the the parking brake spreader/lever is shown.

Check part numbers to find the years in which part(s) were used.


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0