The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Gdads51, NJC, GMCJammer51, 3B, 55shaker, TexasA&M48Truck, 1 invisible), 126 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,091
Posts1,056,392
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#897533 11/18/2012 10:19 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 16
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 16
Are you familiar with the old Saginaw worm and sector in the '36 chevy?
Mine is so worn I cannot adjust it. I need a new worm gear and I have never
seen one on Ebay-only for '37's and newer. Do you know if a '37 worm would work
in a '36 gear box? Help I am out of ideas. I have this beautiful '36 ton & half in my barn
that I have worked on for 7 years and cain't drive it. Thanks in Texas.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
The steering shaft with worm gear you need fits ALL Commercial and Utility Trucks from 1934 thru 1936. It should be stamped "No. 89" and is 45-3/32" long.

The Pitman Arm Shaft (Sector and Shaft) you need fits 1936 1/2 and 1-1/2 ton trucks only and is part number 262946.

Hope this helps,

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0