The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hotrod Lincoln, Bill Hanlon, mick53), 123 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,262
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#89590 11/22/2003 1:31 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 33
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 33
I am rebuilding my 49 3600. In the process of restoring the gauges I've noticed that the left coil on the gas guage looks discolored. I read recently in another thread that if you have a 12 volt conversion that you need to reduce the voltage to the gas guage back to 6. My truck was converted to 12. Is it possible that my gas guage has been fried. Any suggestions on how to test it? Also, can it be repaired if it is fried? I included a link to a picture of the gauge (I hope). Thanks,
Dierks321

http://community.webshots.com/photo/98349442/101145884CKTBrs

#89591 11/22/2003 2:22 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 33
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 33
I was reading the thread on trknGMC and think I found my answer. I should read before wasting everyones time. Sorry.
Dierks321

#89592 11/23/2003 2:19 AM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,839
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,839
Glad to hear you found your answer. Also, there are literally tons of this particular topic if you do a search. I think most of us, one time or another has encountered issues with our gas gauge, especially if associated with 12v conversion.


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0