| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
99
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,619 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#89069 12/10/2003 3:32 PM | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 182 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 182 | [img] http://community.webshots.com/s/image6/4/34/80/104143480tChrhX_ph.jpg[/img] This is the back side of a rotary fog light switch. (Sorry it's blurred) It has three wire terminals: the upper right terminal say "Fog"; the upper left says "Bat." The bottom terminal has "T.L." I can't figure what the "T.L." stands for. You can see where the fuse goes. (removed) Thanks for the help....I'm like a deer in headlights (foglights?) when it comes to electrics. I wrote to the manufacturer who is still in business about this old switch of thiers....but they didn't want to help! | | |
#89070 12/10/2003 4:53 PM | Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 86 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 86 | Would that be Tail Lights? I would the tail lights on if I'm using the fog lights. Growing up in the central valley, I know people follow the tail lights and I don't want the low beams on in SOME situations, but always want the tail lights on.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
| | |
#89071 12/11/2003 4:03 AM | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | Russntustin I have a rotary switch, too. I wired it just like the OEM switch: 54/55 Accessory Fog Lamp Switch Earlier years are most likely wired in a similar fashion. I like the lighted rotary switch but would like to find an original-style switch. Tim | | |
#89072 12/11/2003 3:22 PM | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 182 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 182 | So do you suppose the terminal on my switch that is T.L. is for having the tailights come on with the fogs... without having the main headlights/tailights on? | | |
#89073 12/11/2003 9:47 PM | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | Russntustin,
Yes, it looks like that is what happens (I do not yet have the tail lights installed on my suburban, so I cannot confirm this based on experience).
Tim | | |
#89074 12/12/2003 3:05 PM | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 182 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 182 | Thanks again guys....makes sense now.... Tim, thanks alot for the picture out of your manual.  | | |
| |
| |