The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (68ironhead, MickeyP, 1 invisible), 82 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,624
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 182
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 182
[img]http://community.webshots.com/s/image6/4/34/80/104143480tChrhX_ph.jpg[/img]
This is the back side of a rotary fog light switch. (Sorry it's blurred) It has three wire terminals: the upper right terminal say "Fog"; the upper left says "Bat." The bottom terminal has "T.L." I can't figure what the "T.L." stands for. You can see where the fuse goes. (removed) Thanks for the help....I'm like a deer in headlights (foglights?) when it comes to electrics.
I wrote to the manufacturer who is still in business about this old switch of thiers....but they didn't want to help!

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 86
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 86
Would that be Tail Lights? I would the tail lights on if I'm using the fog lights. Growing up in the central valley, I know people follow the tail lights and I don't want the low beams on in SOME situations, but always want the tail lights on.


I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Russntustin

I have a rotary switch, too. I wired it just like the OEM switch: 54/55 Accessory Fog Lamp Switch

Earlier years are most likely wired in a similar fashion. I like the lighted rotary switch but would like to find an original-style switch.

Tim

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 182
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 182
So do you suppose the terminal on my switch that is T.L. is for having the tailights come on with the fogs... without having the main headlights/tailights on?

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Russntustin,

Yes, it looks like that is what happens (I do not yet have the tail lights installed on my suburban, so I cannot confirm this based on experience).

Tim

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 182
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 182
Thanks again guys....makes sense now....
Tim, thanks alot for the picture out of your manual. wink


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0