The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (ronsway, Jon G, TUTS 59, 78buckshot), 96 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#890684 10/20/2012 6:35 AM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 106
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 106
Looking for some information on these trucks. I have had several Cameos in the past and know that they are sisters of sort. Does anyone know for sure if the bed on the '58 had the side trim like the '57 & '58 Cameos? All the pics I have seen so far show the "slab" side like on the '55 & '56 cameos. I couldn't find the VIN on the frame rail where I would find it on a Chevy truck of the same vintage. Are teh GMC stamped in a different spot? More to come later. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
you might look around here he's got some adverts and factory fotos

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 106
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 106
Thanks Bill. I checked it out. There is a photo of the motor that appears to be in this truck. Now that I know where the casting number is I can pursue that. I have also found out where the frame stamping maybe so i will look at that as well. The only one of these trucks that I have seen side trim on is the Palimino, so no luck there.

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 106
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 106
Update, I looked again on the frame rails with no luck. The engine stamping is under the exhaust manifold so until I pull the front end and or motor it is still an umknown. I bought the truck and have it at the truck farm now. Interesting story, it had supposedly been restored was in a building that burned down around it an several other vehicles. I bought it from a later owner. No title, no ID plate. Clearly a 58/59 GMC based on the dash and front clip. Portions of the "cameo" bed were still there, including one damaged fiberglass outer fender. That fender clearly had 2 stainless steel stips down the side. Maybe it was a '57-'58 cameo bed, no way to tell. Tracking down the seriel number will help I hope. ANy more thoughts are appreciated.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0