The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (baldeagle), 158 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 64
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 64
I may have ask this question before but I am restoring a 41 gmc 3/4 ton and I bought it from the estate of the original owner and have the original title being transfered to me . the title has the vin number which in 41 was the engine number which matches the yellow truck engine which is in the 41. Only reason for the long story above is to not hear " you may have a replacement engine". The question is , is that when I pulled the engine, attached to the block on the driver side near the oil pan and the clutch adjustment was a small three inch by 1/4 inch strip of tin with the number 7 stamped on it and attached to the block with a small diameter wire thur one of the unused block holes, I am thinking that since the size of the strip is the same as the body and pickup bed numbers this is an original item? the engine was never pulled or rebuilt before me. Has anyone seen this tag before? I believe it may be an assembly line , or engine line inspection tag. Have any of you seen this before, the guys on old gmc think I am smoking to much , so do not refer me back to them. Doug comments please

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I remember you asking over there and there wasn't much help.

I moved this to Engine Shop. Hope someone can help.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
yeah, i saw that tag on a couple of mine. since i couldnt make heads from tales of it, i took it off and threw it away. the only real numbers you need to be concerned with are what is on the tag under the hood on the pass cowl, the block and head. im from over at oldgmc and i smoke just enough grin


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0