The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (ronsway, Nick in Manitou), 108 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,423
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#887772 10/08/2012 2:45 AM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 331
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 331
Hi guys,

Upon reassembling my engine after replacing the head gasket, i somehow cracked the exhaust manifold in half. I looked in the LMC catalogue, they don't carry it. Neither does Rock Auto. Does anyone know where I can find a new one for it? Or am i subjected to scrounging wrecking yards (which seem very few and far between up here in Canada)

Truck is a 61 with the 235 six.

Thanks

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
Do you have the cast part number for that exhaust manifold? I have a used one from same time frame only it's from a 261. I think it might fit though.


Drew
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 402
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 402
You are subjected to scrounging wrecking yards. I have never heard of any after market exhaust manifolds for the 235. Headers only. You should be able to find many of them used.


http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/baldybenny/library/

1936 1.5 wrecker,1937 gmc coe,1939 Chevrolet coe,1942 4x4 coe, 1942 coe,1946 dump,1947 2 ton dump,another 1947 2 ton dump,1950 coe,1967 c30,1937 cat 22,1936 Chevrolet 5 window foremans coupe, 1914 ford speedster.
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 331
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 331
Hey Drew,

I believe the 261 had the same manifold. Mine has the casting number 3835587 on it.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
Okay. I'll check to see what I may have and PM you later.


Drew
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
Adam, Sent a PM with 2 pics.


Drew
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 73
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 73
I just picked up an exhaust and intake manifold for my 235 through the local wrecker who is attached to one of those "across Canada" wreckers. It took 3 days to get it in. I'm in Saskatchewan.

Glen

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 331
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 331
Glen, so this was an auto wrecker with a canada wide search? Yeah I could try that...

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 73
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 73
Yes

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 73
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 73
PS: Make sure you have the exhaust and intake manifolds machined where the connect to the head, or they may crack again.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 331
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 331
Hmm, ok...I DIDN'T do that the last time. Maybe why it cracked.


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0