The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (RoadsScholar, Otto Skorzeny), 196 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 358
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 358
Woa! That was scary! The generator on my '53 was a little noisier than usual this week. Bearings are going bad, I presume? I added a few drops of 20 oil in the lubrication 'traps' fore and aft of the gen. Still noisy... Will rebuild soon.

Then yesterday I took the highway (I rarely do) for a good 20 minutes at what seemed like Mach II (the sppedo cable snapped), I must have been going 60+!

At the end of the stretch, smoke was coming out of the engine bay, after half a mile or so, I stopped, opened the hood and the generator was smoking like a brisket on a texas barbecue!

I let it cool down and drove home. It does not smoke anymore, works fine and is much quieter! grin

WZrick


1953 Chevrolet 1300 - Daily driver
Collecting Vintage Whizzer motorbikes
http://www.whizzerick.com
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
Whizzer: where ya been buddy, you remember our saying around here "if the smoke gets out thats not a good thing" popcorn The Truth is Out There (Hey we got golf ball size hail and 60 mph winds going on I'm out of HERE)

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
eek eek eek
"......like brisket at a Texas barbecue!"
I'm hungry!!!!!!!!!! That's Texas, with a capital "T"!


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny title for a thread, Whizzer grin


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0