| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,133 Posts1,056,398 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 74 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2010 Posts: 74 | This "connector" was on my truck when I bought it. Rumor is that it is for a fan. If it is a fan, does anyone have any information on what type of fan, where I might find one, etc? If not, any other ideas on what might connect to it? http://s1003.photobucket.com/albums/af152/callmedh/what%20is%20this/ | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | rumor include who might have put it there? wasn't the factory for sure .... only thing I've ever seen similar is a socket for the vintage style glass radio tubes, they have that shape center hole to align the position of the other pins, so I'd say probably some PO was in a trade that he used for a creative 'personalization'
Bill | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | I've seen fans mounted on the dash and steering column but never on the mirror. If I were to hazard a guess I'd say an aftermarket windshield defogger but that is strictly a guess.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 74 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2010 Posts: 74 | red58, The history of the truck indicates that it was originally purchased and used by the California Forestry service, and the rumor would be that they put in the fan. A fan would seem to be a good accessory in such a truck. The rumor came from the previous owner, who was selling off parts and vehicles for someone else. He seemed to recall the fan when I asked him about the connector, but had sold it previously with a box of parts. So, the rumor is not very strong... | | |
| |
| |