| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Gdads51, 68ironhead),
174
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,251 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 196 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 196 | Hello, Quick question: I am in the process of dismanteling my '46 and looked at how the front fenders are attched. I don't know if this is original or not, but it looks like the upper half of the front fenders are somehow how attached with "screws/rivets" that have a flat(smooth) head towards the engine and are flush on the other side. What are these and what is the safest way to remove them without causing damage to the sheet metal? Thanks, Andy | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 | I drilled mine out, worked just fine. Are you talking about the ones that connect the inner fender to the outer or the ones on the fender extension, either way I drilled them all. I had to take the fender extensions off because I used fiberglass fenders.
Last edited by homer52; 09/25/2012 12:22 AM.
1941 Chevy"First rebuild - complete!"Follow the story in the DITY1941 GMC resting peacefully 1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete 1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration 1941 Plymouth stock complete 1941 GMC COE in restoration processRead his Project Journal1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 888 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 888 | Ditto on the above Andy! How are you making out with that Upstate NY truck?
Dan | | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 196 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 196 | Ok. Thanks. What did you guys use to fasten them back together at the end? Dan - I am taking it completely apart and will try do it right from the beginning  sloooowly coming along... | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 252 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 252 | Andy, I drilled mine out as well and went back with stainless machine screws.
| | |
| |
| |