The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Samantha, dt235sd, homer52, chevyb, wilbur53, 32Fordpuchoptop), 122 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,124
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88444 03/16/2002 6:16 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 17
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 17
I have either a brake light or reverse light staying on. At the time of this post just started tracing. Now go head and call me a dumb A$$ but is there a switch that can go out in the shift mechanism? What tells the brake light to come on? I know there is a switch on my other autos but can not find one on this truck, for the brakes that is. What tells the reverse light to come on? I feel really toopid! Any help will be appreciated.

#88445 03/16/2002 8:56 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,094
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,094
fatboy58, I will assume you have a 58 apache. If you will look on the firewall right under the steering colunm, you will see a switch.
Tommy


Tommy
59 apache 1/2t
261 short stepside
#88446 03/16/2002 9:33 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,897
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,897
Back-up lights are switched on(some applications) by a switch on the top of the tranny.The brake switch should be in the engine compartment on the fire-wall where the pedals come throught hte floor.


There is enough good in the worst of us and enough bad in the best of us that it does not behoove any of us to criticize the rest of us.
-
-
Be yourself. If you are ever lost, It will be much easier to find yourself if you know who you are!
#88447 03/17/2002 12:23 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 17
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 17
well thanks alot guys I appreciate it. I saw somewhere on an earlier post something about if all else fails read the directions ie manual. The reason I could not find the switch even after looking at the manual is because it was not there. Yes it fell off. I have it fixed now. Again thanks. What a helpful crew. I just wish I could help someone out as I have been helped so many times.


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0