The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (baldeagle), 158 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 196
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 196
Hello,
Quick question: I am in the process of dismanteling my '46 and looked at how the front fenders are attched. I don't know if this is original or not, but it looks like the upper half of the front fenders are somehow how attached with "screws/rivets" that have a flat(smooth) head towards the engine and are flush on the other side. What are these and what is the safest way to remove them without causing damage to the sheet metal?
Thanks,
Andy

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
I drilled mine out, worked just fine. Are you talking about the ones that connect the inner fender to the outer or the ones on the fender extension, either way I drilled them all. I had to take the fender extensions off because I used fiberglass fenders.

Last edited by homer52; 09/25/2012 12:22 AM.

1941 Chevy
"First rebuild - complete!"
Follow the story in the DITY
1941 GMC resting peacefully
1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete
1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration
1941 Plymouth stock complete
1941 GMC COE in restoration process
Read his Project Journal
1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
Ditto on the above Andy! How are you making out with that Upstate NY truck?

Dan

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 196
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 196
Ok. Thanks. What did you guys use to fasten them back together at the end?

Dan - I am taking it completely apart and will try do it right from the beginning smile sloooowly coming along...

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 252
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 252
Andy, I drilled mine out as well and went back with stainless machine screws.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0