The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Gib70, Gray_Ghost, 55shaker, 1 invisible), 60 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,695
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88347 04/26/2005 7:47 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
I have a 1966 C-10 with a factory 327cid. It has the original points/rotor/condenser distributor. I have seen many trucks of this era with the HEI ignition upgrade.

I would consider myself mechanically inclined, but by no means a auto mechanic. I would like to upgrade to HEI but do not know if I am capable of doing this swap with my level of knowledge and expertise. Is this a bolt-on swap? What is required to do so?

A quick tutorial of what it takes of a tech. article would be helpful. If I am unable to tackle this task, how much would it cost to have the swap done professionally. Lastly, what are the advantages of a HEI ignition over the points ignition.

I appreciate in advance your input in this matter.

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 80
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 80
Here is a link to what you want to know. http://rmcavoy.freeshell.org/HEI.html

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
Oehm Jr.'s 46:

Thanks for the info. I will study up and determine if I can tackle this task.

#88350 04/26/2005 10:31 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Hey Tony. If you need some help e-mail me. I,ve done a few. [email protected]. smile


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0