| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,172 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 235 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 235 | Is there a right and wrong way? Seems like nothing will keep the water in the heater core from getting hot..
I rebuilt the valve, but the water from the lower line seems to still get hot. I'm just wondering of I plumbed it wrong.
Jeremy | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | I don't think any of the Ranco valves totally shut off water flow, they just restrict it .... also, the return line is going to heat up over time just from "feed back" from the engine .... there are a variety of shut offs available from parts stores or plumbing supply places that can be added to the line in the engine compartment to shut off flow in the summer
Bill | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 235 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 235 | Thanks, Bill. That's what I was wondering. I've been running the new engine with out the heater because the core leaked. Before I head to Denver I wanted the heater fixed so I had some way of getting heat out of the engine on the passes if needs be. Boy that heater does heat up just from the return line.
Jeremy | | |
| |
| |