| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Gray_Ghost, RoseB),
153
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Slightly confused about the front cab mounts on my 48 6400. Have a look here http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2186039100080251109CzAzEGI have 4 possible front cab mount locations, why the seemingly extra inner ones? I did check the 47 manual (later ones too) and it describes only two front mounts. http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/shop/1947truck/47ctsm0101.htmAt first I was tempted to use all 4, then second guessing and thinking better not if they didn't ever from the factory. don't want it bolted to rigid and damage the cab over time when the frame flexes. Can anyone shed some light on this? Grigg | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | I know it's a different body style, but my 46 had 4 holes for the back cab mounts, but only 2 were used. I'm not sure why this is, but 4 is not necessary. I'm thinking your 48 should be the same. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | is there a width difference among various model frames? remember these cabs were used on all size trucks
Bill | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Nope, not that I know of because the front cab mounts are about at the rear of the springs and that's essentially or exactly the same width for all sizes of AD trucks.
Perhaps they're used in about a 4 or 5 ton GMC; just smaller than the "fat cab" models? Haven't seem them used in 1/2 -> 3 ton trucks, not sure about larger.
My cab mounts on the frame also have holes, it all lines up and it'd be no problem to use them if I wanted to.
Grigg | | |
| |
| |