The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (mick53, 55shaker, Peggy M, Gdads51, Hanks custodian, MickeyP, homer52, 1 invisible), 102 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,137
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#880601 09/06/2012 10:31 AM
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 124
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 124
I'm getting ready to install the original rebuilt 230/4spd drive train back into a 1965 C10. This engine has been out of the truck for 15 years and I likely will be missing some parts. Here are a few basic questions.

Did this setup come from the factory with a fan shroud?

Does anyone have the oil and air filter numbers available?

What about spark plugs which are best for this stock setup?

What oil should I use? SAE 30?

Does anyone have part numbers for the upper and lower radiator hose or do I use flex hoses? I prefer the more original ones but it's not that important. What size hoses does the heater use?
I think that's it for now. I'm sure more questions will arise as I move forward on this project. Thanks.


Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
From Rock Auto;

oil filter Fram DG13 $1.27
air filter Auto Extra 61942083 $2.25
plugs Denso $2.16 @
upper hose Dayco 70670 $5.24
lower hose Gates $4.35
oil any good brand 10-30 or synthetic if all gaskets and seals good.
Any, I repeat, ANY parts store has these items so it's not special information


Evan
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
Don't bother using synthetic, especially in this engine. Just use a good 10W30. Your truck probably did not have a factory fan shroud, other than maybe a little wing on the top of the radiator.

If you're wanting to use original rad hoses and everything for it, go to a decent parts store (like Napa), and they should be able to pull all the numbers for you and have the parts quickly if they're not in stock (you may be surprised).


1946 GMC Pickup - S-10 Frame, 455 Buick, TH400, original patina.

My 46 GMC on Photobucket
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
I have a 1965 C10 with a 230ci that is completely original (almost100%). If you need pics of anything under the hood, just send me a PM or I can do it by email.
Jay

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 124
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 124
Thanks for the info guys!
Does the 6 cyl sit on the front or more rear position on frame? Im trying to figure it out as I got it in pieces. Thanks!


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0