The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Opelika Tom, 2 invisible), 95 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 24
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 24
Does anyone know the correct length for the oil bypass canister lines on a 55.1 1/2ton with a 235??? Found a few companies that sell them in pairs, but which ones are the correct length...14in/18in, 13in/19in, 15in/20in.

Also, does anyone sell the restriction fitting to maintain oil pressure when using the bypass canister...Can't seem to find that. I believe it is a fitting with a 1/16th inch orifice???

Thanks,
-Paul

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
If you're using an original bypass filter, the restrictor is built into it, no additional restriction is necesary.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
If you have the 1954 AC oil filter, get the longest set of lines that you list.

15" and 20"

Where did you see these for sale? I need a pair.

Thanks,



Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 99
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 99
Yes, just took mine off a 56 gmc 270, cleaned and painted, the restrictor is in the top threaded fitting pressed into the canister. I wondered why the small orifice.

Dave

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 24
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 24
Tim, yes it is the SC-653 canister. I mistyped..... I meant to type 18in/20in (not 15in/20in). Here is the link to the longest ones I have found. Are these the ones? http://www.classicparts.com/1941-59-Oil-Filter-Lines-6-Cylinder/productinfo/84-151/


Thanks,
-Paul

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Thanks, Paul,

I do not know what length lines were originally supplied.

Supposedly, the lines were longer in 53-55 compared to 1952. I have bought sets of lines from reproduction parts vendors that were too short.

Maybe someone with an SC-653 has installation instructions with part numbers? Supposedly, the 1954 AC hose part number included the length of the hose in the code?

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0