The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, 1 invisible), 179 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,269
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#878336 08/28/2012 8:10 AM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 814
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 814
Has anyone used these? I bought some recently and I can't figure out how the blades attach to the arms. They do kind of click in there, but the connection is so flimsy I can't believe they're supposed to be like that. So I'm wondering if I'm missing something. I seriously doubt they would even stay on the arms with the wipers in operation.


1956 Chevy 3200
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 940
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 940
Never changed mine, the PO had new ones on when I got my truck a bit more than a year ago. They're flimsy too, no clips, nothin. They just hook in and sit there.

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 814
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 814
And you've never had a problem with them flying off or twisting off or anything? I can just picture mine leaving the truck and getting run over by the car behind me.


1956 Chevy 3200
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 698
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 698
I have them on my '65 and had to adjustment bend them to stay on after one flew off in a rain storm. I was glad I didn't scratch the windshield. After bending them slightly they fit nice and tight.


My Fleet:
1941
1953
1959
1965
1966
1953 Willy's Pickup

John

Vegetarian- old Indian word for bad hunter
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 814
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 814
So did you bend the end of the wiper arm?


1956 Chevy 3200
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 940
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 940
I've only needed to use mine once in a light mist so I've never lost one.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
The original wipers on the AD trucks are attched in a flimsy way. However, when siting on the window or working, they stay on just fine. Mine have been on for 20,000 miles and have never fallen off. Now if I lift them up well cleaning the window I can easily cause one to come off.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 814
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 814
OK, thanks. That's good to know. That's what I noticed about mine too. But I guess the normal wiping motion doesn't dislodge them.


1956 Chevy 3200
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 698
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 698
Originally Posted by joeflanagan
So did you bend the end of the wiper arm?

No, I bent the blade "spring" to give it a little more tension. It's been months since I did it and everything has been fine.


My Fleet:
1941
1953
1959
1965
1966
1953 Willy's Pickup

John

Vegetarian- old Indian word for bad hunter

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0