The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TUTS 59, Shof, Ponchogl, Jon G), 172 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,157
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#877575 08/25/2012 3:09 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 205
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 205
I bid on a nice 36 radio, radiohead and speaker for my 36 Suburban we're rbuilding... Insides look good, no damage., any leads on radio repair guys. It's a heavy box to transport. I know one man in Portland..he said it would be 200 to 250 to do it..hoping to pay less than that for tunes. thanks mtvoices


1936 Chevy Suburban Carryall
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1941 Chevy Woodie with Cantrell body
1936 Low Cab Chevy Pickup
1941 Spec Deluxe Chevy Coupe.
1953 Pontiac Catalina hardtop
More pix on Flickr
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I just rebuilt one for my 38 Master. It wasn't difficult to work on and I quite enjoyed it. We have a sponsor, Tayman's Electric. You could give hime a call.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 126
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 126
Here is Grants Pass Oregon is the radio Doc. He advertises in Himmings & lots of other places. He will ship world wide. He has re-built many vintage Chevy truck & car tube radios for me & friends. He will do you good. I think this # is good, I haven't used it for years. I just drive up & drop off these days. Call Berry @ 541-474-2524, tell him Darrell sent you. Very reasonable & if you are running 12 volt, he can re-vamp your 6 volt tube radio internally & make it a 12 volt radio if you want. His work is guaranteed...


Darrell, W.L.
1939 Chevy COE tow truck/My Stubbed toe
1939 Chevy 2 door Sedan

Car chat means talks about Chevy's. All other car makers only build transportation.
I don't work on my cars, I entertain my self in my garage, so my nabor tells me.


Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 126
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 126
A 1936 Chevy radio should be a three piece radio. a radio head in the dash with cables & wires going to a box of tubes & stuff that mounts to the firewall under the dash & a speaker mounting to the firewall or in the dash.


Darrell, W.L.
1939 Chevy COE tow truck/My Stubbed toe
1939 Chevy 2 door Sedan

Car chat means talks about Chevy's. All other car makers only build transportation.
I don't work on my cars, I entertain my self in my garage, so my nabor tells me.



Moderated by  truckernix 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0