The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Nick in Manitou, Hotrod Lincoln, TUTS 59), 123 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,313
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 70
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 70
Looking at a 64 chevy that originally came with a v-8, now it has an inline 6 but I'm not able to figure out what the engine specifically is. The full stamp on the passengers side says f1030tck. Any help deciphering would be appreciated! Thanks, Greg


1951 GMC 250 Open Express
1968 C10 Suburban
1971 C20 Pickup

My Dad told me "Son, never hit a man in anger- unless you're certain you can get away with it"
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
How about providing us with the casting number and date code so we know where to start looking for the answer.

Also confirm the tck letters...are they crystal clear or could you be mis-reading them?

Pictures are always welcome...

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 70
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 70
I will go back tomorrow and re-check, but I was pretty confident that's what is there. I wrote it down as I looked. Which numbers would be more useful for me to look at? The one I posted is the stamp on the pad by the distributor but the only obvious casting numbers I noticed were on the manifold.. Which I wouldn't think would tell me much as it could be changed. I'll try to get a good pic too. Thanks for taking the time to respond! Greg


1951 GMC 250 Open Express
1968 C10 Suburban
1971 C20 Pickup

My Dad told me "Son, never hit a man in anger- unless you're certain you can get away with it"
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 319
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 319
If you look under 1970 suffix codes at this site
http://no25.chuckthetruck.com/page3.html
TCK decodes as a 250 used in a Blazer/Jimmy application.

You could also put your block number in here
http://www.adchevy.com/tools/castinglookup/
for further confirmation.


"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
F1030TCK

1970

250 cu. inch 6-155 HP.8.5:1 comp. ratio 1 BC carb. 4-speed trans

F-Made in flint mich.

10-made in October

30- 30th day

TCK-C-series and K-series trucks


Pete


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0