The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (dinosoar, Robert Crandall, klhansen, 1 invisible), 101 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,675
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
I am looking for detailed instructions for installing 3 point seat belts in my 46 1/2 ton.
If you have photo's of the installation points showing reinforcement used for the brackets or information on what type belt & where to purchase, I would like to hear from you.
Thanks for your input.
drive
Harold


Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 40
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 40
If you're still running the bench you'll need to fab up something for the shoulder mount... I haven't got to that stage, but I plan for it. My idea is to bend up and 1.5" hoop that rises just below the rear window. I have to figure out and measure from the donor seats for heights and widths. also gusseting them into the body at the floor with plate steel as to not get torn out at the body mounts. You have two on each side that can be tied into. Problem I see is getting around the fuel tank. Some creativity can be had here... Wish I was further along to give you a pic.

Seat belts are engineered for specific angles. they seem to bee overlooked all the time. but when you need them, they better work... I come from the rock crawler side of things, but safety systems can't be thrown together. Look into aftermarket 3 point systems and see the requirements. Then look at what is possible in your situation...

Not the help you wanted, but food for thought....

-Jerry


After searching for a year I found the next project!
46' 1/2 ton in pieces! took 2 trips to get it home, but most of the hard work was already done!!!

-jerry
"Phil" the 46'

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 393
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 393
Check out this. It's for an AD truck but there might be some carry-over for pre AD.
http://www.julianos.com./how2_3point_antique_chevy_truck.html


It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 354
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 354
Do a search for "seat belts in a 41"
I have some pictures of mine at:
3-point belts-41


Harold Wilson
41 Chevy 3/4 Ton
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
Jerry,
Thanks for your response. Good luck with your truck.

Rusty,
What a fantastic job the author of the installation article did.
At this point I can;t even think of a question (I'm sure ?? will come.
Thanks for sharing this article with me.
Harold
yahoo shake


Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0